The law states that fireworks are not to be let off between the hours of 11:00pm and 7:00am on all nights of the year with the exception of Chinese New Year, Diwali and New Yearıs Eve by 1:00am and Guy Fawkes by 12:00am
Set Up and Fire Your Display Safely
Firstly, decide on what kind of a display you are going to have. Will there be a bonfire? What size audience will be watching?
Your display site should have the following:
- The spectator area: the area from which the spectators will be watching.
- Safety area: A clear area between the spectators and fireworks ensuring a safe distance is kept.
- Firing area: The area from which the fireworks will be set off.
- Fall out area: An area that will be kept clear of people so that aerial debris may land safely.
- Bonfire area: An area provided for the bonfire that is a safe distance from the firing area. It is preferable not to light bonfires until after your display as stray sparks may accidentally set off your fireworks.
Please see our firework safety plan for a suggested layout of your display site.
Other things to consider:
Ensure site is free of combustible materials, overhead power lines, trees, livestock and pets.
Setting up the fireworks:
Fireworks come with instructions from the manufacturers, which can be found on the labels. It is strongly recommended that firers read the instructions and familiarize themselves with the fireworks in daylight.
NO SMOKING AT ALL AROUND ANY FIREWORKS - ANYTIME!
Protect fireworks from rain and damp evenings, as dampness will affect your fireworks preventing them from firing.
Fireworks that fail to go off:
Leave fireworks that fail to go off for at least 30 minutes before approaching. Immerse in a bucket of water and leave overnight returning to the supplier as soon as possible for safe disposal.
Cleaning Up After the Display
Keep the firing, safety and fall out areas free from spectators until cleared and made safe.
NEVER PUT FIREWORKS OR USED ONES ON THE BONFIRE AS SERIOUS INJURY MAY RESULT.
If you need any further advice, get in touch:
or 01444 400201